During the Napa Mountain Bike Tour, riders will be guided on our personal favorite spot where we grew up riding: Skyline Wilderness Park, one of the greatest riding spots in California. To help take in the views, you will be saddled on the worlds greatest mountain bike, the carbon fiber frame, full-suspension Specialized Camber Comp Carbon 29er. 110mm of supple travel will soak up the bumps while the 29″ wheels give you endless stability, both up and down the hills.
The trails at Skyline vary from lush, red clay trails on the west valley to a dry, rocky, more technical east side of the small valley Skyline sits in. Both offer the same beautiful diversity but delivered in a different package. Your gourmet lunch will be served picnic style.
Anywhere from 5-25+ miles, just depends on what you’re up for
Intermediate to Advanced. Skyline tends to be a bit more technical and has more aggressive climbs in areas, so we prefer that riders with some riding experience tackle this mountain rather than those who are fresh on the mountain bike. The route will be designed specifically for your riding level and desired objectives[/wptabcontent]
$249 per rider
* Personalized route on Napa’s best trails available
* Riding on the Carbon Fiber 2013 Specialized Camber Carbon 29er full-suspension mountain bike, custom fit and tuned to your exact unique dimensions. Includes helmet
* Local expert guides
* Gourmet lunch including sandwiches, drinks and other snacks
* 1 person minimum, 12 people max on each tour
* We’ll send you home with a bottle of delicious local wine from one of the great boutique wineries in the area, likely from somewhere you would never have been exposed to. Just let us know “Red or White?”
My friends and I want to do this tour together, but some of us ride faster/slower/are older than the rest of the group. Is this a problem?
Not at all. We custom tailor each tour depending on rider skill level and will never get someone into something they aren’t comfortable with. The trails in the area aren’t typically technical so unless you absolutely want a technical ride, these trails are suited for all riding abilities! Depending on the size of the group, we will have more than one guide to help allow everyone to be able to ride at their own pace without getting too far ahead or left behind.
Can I bring my own bike?
Of course, if you are traveling with your mountain bike, we ask that it is in good working order. Hard tails, full suspension, 29ers and 26er are all appropriate. Pricing for the tour will be adjusted since you will no longer need the rental portion of the price.